Boston Gun Charges Lawyer / Massachusetts Gun Charges Attorney
Massachusetts gun laws are extremely strict, and many convictions impose mandatory minimum sentences. This means that the judge has no ability to issue a lesser punishment if you are convicted. For example, a conviction for carrying a gun without an F.I.D. card carries a minimum sentence of 18 months in jail. The penalties increase if you have prior gun convictions.
We can help. Our attorneys have experience successfully defending against Massachusetts gun charges. A recent trial win by Attorney Simons was covered by ABC news (see below for clip).
An experience criminal defense attorney can thoroughly investigate the prosecution’s claims and determine the best strategy for your situation. A successful motion to suppress can stop the case in its tracks. The United States Constitution gives you a right to be free from unreasonable searches and seizures. If the evidence was seized during an unlawful search, an experienced criminal defense attorney may be able to prevent it from being used at trial.
If your case goes to trial, we fight to win. While no attorney can guarantee results, we have won cases at all stages of litigation, including acquittals after jury trial. Call us at 781-797-0555 for a free telephone consultation.
There are several charges relating to guns, including:
- Defacing Firearm Serial Number
- Carrying or Possession of a Firearm
- Possession of Loaded Firearm
- Possession of Firearm with Defaced Serial Number During Felony
- Receiving Firearm with Defaced Serial Number
- Unlawful Possession of Ammunition
- Unlawful Possession of a Large Capacity Firearm or Feeding Device
- Unlawful Possession of a Machine Gun
- Improper Storage of a Firearm
- Carrying a Loaded Firearm While Under the Influence of Liquor or Drugs
Facing a gun charge is serious business. The prosecution will push hard and the penalties are stiff if you are convicted. If you are looking for an experienced firearms defense attorney to help, call us at 781-797-0555 today.